The DicePunk System
The DicePunk System is a fast-paced, “rules light” RPG designed by and for people who grew up on, eat, sleep, breathe, and speak movies. The DicePunk System spins cinematic stories that take place more or less in the real world and more or less in the present day. If you could imagine your RPG campaign as a movie directed by Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez or the Coen Brothers, DicePunk is the game for you.
- Generates characters fast, fast, fast. Character generation usually takes five to ten minutes for experts, and a half hour or so for newbies.
- Core mechanics are simple and easy to grasp, but enough options exist for moderate to high tactical depth in combat.
- Fights are fast and visceral, with small skirmishes easily resolved in half an hour, and even bigger battles (within reason) typically going down in an hour or less.
- No set character classes, so every character is that much more unique.
- Rules allow for the easy creation of custom skills, allowing players to define exactly the character they want mechanically and narratively."