When two characters are directly opposing one another, a Contest is called for. The most common are Attribute Contests – situations where two characters are using the same Attribute to achieve opposite ends. Skill Contests can also occur – car chases being the most likely example.
Some Contest Examples:
- Forcing Open/Holding Shut a Door (Strength Contest)
- Trying to lose/catch someone on foot (Speed Contest)
- Staring someone down (Will Contest)
- Trying to lose someone/ram someone in a car (Drive Contest)
- Debate (Rhetoric Contest)
To resolve a Contest, each player (or one player and the GM) should roll 1d6 and add the relevant Attribute (plus the relevant Skill Bonus, if applicable). The character with the higher result wins the Contest. In the event of a tie, reroll until the tie is resolved.